Acupuncture in Toronto
North Toronto Health are specialists in Toronto Acupuncture treatment. A form of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture involves the use of thin needles which are inserted into precise trigger points along the body. The triggering of these points, known as acupuncture points, helps to alleviate pain and can be used to treat numerous health conditions.
What Can Acupuncture Do?
At North Toronto Health, our acupuncture practitioners use their expertise to treat a wide range of illnesses including insomnia, headaches, depression, gastrointestinal dysfunction, low energy, and it has even helped numerous clients quit smoking.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Thin needles are placed in precise trigger points along the body in a painless manner. The triggering of these points, known better as acupuncture points, helps to alleviate pain and can be used to treat numerous health conditions.
|Treatment||Initial - 60 min||Follow-up - 45 min||Follow-up - 60 min|
*No tax on this service
Discover the Best Clinical Acupuncture Toronto Has to Offer
Our acupuncturists are all highly trained and experienced in the method, which can maximize the safety and the effectiveness of acupuncture. All needles are pre-sterilized, nontoxic, and disposable as they aren’t reused. They don’t break and will never leave a piece inside your body.
The first session starts with a discussion of your health history, and you’ll be checked over for some examinations depending on your health needs. The assessment of your current health can then lead to a proper course of action regarding the acupuncture.
Why Get Acupuncture from North Toronto Health?
You’ll lie on a comfortable table, and then the therapist can then gently insert the needles at the precise spots and at the proper depths. These needles can stay in for a few minutes or up to 30 minutes or more. The number of treatments will depend on your conditions. A chronic condition may require weekly sessions for up to a few months, while an acute problem may only need 8 to 10 visits in total.
It’s an affordable treatment, and the benefits are amazing. That’s why you need to call now! With acupuncture, you don’t even have to treat a particular problem. The method can help prevent such problems in the first place!
North Toronto Health - The Experts of Toronto Acupuncture
Acetaminophen is a medicine that relieves pain and reduces fever, and it was approved by the FDA back in 1951. It is quite an effective analgesic and antipyretic, but no one really knows its exact mechanism of action. It is the same thing for acupuncture. It treats various maladies very effectively, but no one really knows for certain why this is so.
However, some facts about acupuncture are widely accepted:
- Acupuncture began in China more than 2,500 years ago, and its traditional use is to prevent or treat disease and to improve or maintain general health. According to the Chinese experts, energy flows throughout the body and this energy is called chi or An imbalance of chi can cause pain and various maladies. The insertion of needles all over the body can redirect that flow of chi to restore the balance of energy, thereby helping to restore your health.
- A 2010 study published on Nature Neuroscience demonstrated that the acupuncture needles influenced the activity of adenosine. This is the amino acid that’s activated in the skin when you’re injured, and it is designed to easy your pain. Acupuncture’s effect on adenosine can help explain its analgesic properties.
- Acupuncture may be seen as an alternative form of treatment, but mainstream medicine has become more accepting of the practice. In 1997, a panel consisting of 12 renowned scientists and physicians was convened by the US National Institutes of Health to review the practice and the effectiveness of acupuncture. The panel stated for the record that there is enough scientific evidence to confirm the value of acupuncture, and that its use should be expanded in mainstream medicine. The panel encouraged health professionals to consider the practice, especially after a thorough medical checkup and combined with the use of conventional medicine.
- It is effective for many types of pain. It can lessen dental pain, pain due to injuries, and chronic pain due to degenerative conditions. It can also help with fibromyalgia too, a chronic disorder that causes pain in many areas, tender spots, and fatigue.
- It can help with emotional disorders such as depression and anxiety. Some studies show that a weekly treatment of acupuncture can relieve depression within 3 months, which makes it just as effective as traditional counseling. That’s probably because it can regulate neurotransmitters in the brain that can make you feel happier. It has also been successfully used to help patients with post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Digestive issues may also be addressed with the use of these needles. These problems can include vomiting, nausea, and irritable bowel syndrome. Several sessions over a month can treat acid reflux and sooth heartburn. It is suspected that the needles regulated the secretion of acid and that the procedure also accelerated digestion.
- People who suffer from migraines can also benefit from acupuncture. About 2o sessions within 4 weeks can reduce the number of migraines you experience per month.
- If you suffer from seasonal allergies, a dozen acupuncture sessions can make you feel so much better. It can reduce the severity and frequency of the symptoms, and you won’t have to take antihistamines as frequently as before. Other problems it can help relieve or prevent include cough, sore throat, the common cold, and asthma. It can also help with acute sinusitis.
- It has also attracted some attention as a way to help combat obesity. It has been shown that obese adults can lose of to 9 pounds of weight after a treatment period from 2 weeks to 4 months.
- If you’re an insomniac, the treatment can help you sleep better at night. It boosts the production of brain neurotransmitters that are related to sleeping and relaxation.
- Lower back discomfort and pain may be significantly reduced for a period of up to 6 months, after twice weekly acupuncture sessions for 5 weeks. It can also help with carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, sciatica foot pain, and other types of musculoskeletal problems.
- It can help with rehab for those who are trying to recover from a stroke. It can also help with high blood pressure and Bell’s palsy.
- It can also help with various gynecological issues. For example, it can reduce the severity and frequency of hot flashes. It can even improve the chances of being pregnant when used along with in-vitro fertilization.
- It can even help you deal with your addiction.
- For those with some type of skin disorder, acupuncture can also help.
- Despite how it looks, acupuncture isn’t really painful. Many report that they don’t feel anything, although a few do say that there is some slight discomfort. Usually, any sort of discomfort you may feel during or after the session is mild and won’t last for long.
- The truth of the matter is that acupuncture can actually be very relaxing. It’s why some patients become so relaxed that they fall asleep during the session.